April 29, 2012

Almost a Year

Seven years ago tomorrow I went on my first date with a very nice boy named Mark.  It's hard to believe how much my life has changed since then. Three years ago on Wednesday I married that boy.  A year ago I had his baby.  Yes, a year ago.  Maggie will be a year on Saturday.  I honestly can't believe it.  She is the light of my life.  Not that every day is perfect, believe me it's not.  This week she decided that she didn't need to nap anymore.  Must be that is something one year old's don't do.  CRAZY GIRL!  Of course, 2 days later she did take a nap for daddy.   She loves her daddy.  I saw a sign the other day it said "I've met my prince . . .  his name is daddy."  That describes how Maggie feels about Mark.   

Life has changed a little bit for us.  I quit working the end of March.  After some deliberation, we decided it wasn't worth all the time away from Maggie.  I loved the job and the girls I was working with, but when Maggie was sick I want to be home with her.  And not just when she's sick but when she's happy and sad and crabby and everything else.  I love our mornings when when we don't have to change out of our PJ's until noon.  No amount of money it worth those memories.

Summer is coming.  And we can't wait.   Maggie loves to be mess so I can't wait to get her outside.  We haven't had much warm weather since March but she was really happy to play outside then.  I especially can't wait to get her sandbox out and she how she reacts to that.  Soon.  Very Soon.



Maggie at bath time


Maggie's 1st Cupcake!

No comments:

Post a Comment