June 2, 2012

We officially have a 1 year old.  Actually she'll be 13 months on Tuesday.  And she is acting like a 1 year old.  She has always been a happy girl, but she has started to throw little baby fits when she doesn't get her way.  Especially when we tell her she can't do something i.e. sticking her hand in the fan or playing with my willow tree figurines.  The problem is she is so tall for her age she gets into much more than a normal 1 year old.  At her 1 year check-up she was 31 3/4 inches tall and 30 lbs 12 oz.  She is a healthy little girl, that is for sure.  She took her first steps at her birthday party.  She walked for Grandma Clover to Uncle Geoff.  Since then she has been walking more and more, but only when she chooses too.  She is so stubborn.   But it is great to see her walk even a little bit. 

I am loving me life at home with her.  Summer will prove to be interesting I'm sure.  She enjoys her water table for Grandma and Grandpa Bronsink and will play outside in the grass any chance she gets.  But we found today she doesn't love the swings.  We are taking out first camping trip of the year in a few weeks, so we'll see how thing go.  I'm sure she'll love all the outdoor activities, it's the sleeping I'm worried about.  She doesn't love her pack'n'play.  So we'll see.


This summer it seems to be the time to have surgery.  I will be having surgery next Tuesday to have my gallbladder out and Mom will be having surgery the 2nd of July to hip replacement.  I'm hoping I am completely recovered prior to mom's surgery.  Mom has been having a lot issues for a while now, so we I am excited for her to have a new hip.  hopefully she will be able to get back to walking and enjoying her grandchildren more.  



Maggie on her 1st Birthday


Enjoying the water table for G&G 

No comments:

Post a Comment