January 31, 2012

January Update

January has been slow month for us, compared to December. We have gotten to spend some relaxing weekends at home just the 3 of us, which is nice. Maggie is loving her legs now more than ever before. The catch is she only wants to walk with people . . . not with the walker or along furniture. Which is cute but can also get a little annoying sometimes. And she can be kind of stubborn when she doesn't get what she wants, so we hear about it until Mark or I gets up and walks with her. We walk lots of laps around our house.

Maggie will be 9 months the end of the week. Time is just flying by. It's just a big blur to me some days. I tell myself we are doing the best we can to catch all the things we need to but are we. We read to her, play with her, make sure she takes naps, feed her, take her to the doctor, put her in a car seat etc. I can't stress out about it or I will drive myself crazy. (for those of you that know me well, I already do :)). Being a mom is so much harder than they tell you. And so much more rewarding.

I'm really struggling with how to balance being a mom and wife and employee and daughter and just Rachel . . . it's a lot. I'm so glad I have great girlfriends that support me and can tell me I'm not crazy because I feel a certain way. Sometime you just need other women to help understand you. Moms and husbands are great but they aren't in the same situation as you at the same time.

Mark and I are going on a mini-vacation a few weeks. Mark's friend from high school is getting married on Jekyll Island, GA, so we are flying down to attend the wedding and then are spending a few extra days in Florida. I'm excited and nervous. Maggie is staying with both sets of Grandparents. They are splitting the time. We've never been away from Maggie for more than 36 hrs. Mommy might be going through a little withdrawal.

No comments:

Post a Comment