January 3, 2013

Maggie's tooth

It's been any interesting week here at the Clover's.  Tuesday night Maggie was taking her bath like always and all of the sudden I heard a huge crash.  I was in her room putting clothes away and Mark was actually giving her a bath.  Isn't he great :)  Anyway,  I asked if she was OK and he said yes.  About 30 seconds later I hear "Rachel  . . .  there's blood"  Anyone who knows Mark knows he doesn't do blood.  So I rush in there.  She had blood all the way down her body.  I got her out and calmed her down.  When I got her mouth open I realize a huge chunk of her tooth was gone.  Then I freaked out.  Mark called the pediatrician.  They were great at asking the right questions and calming us down.  We gave her some Tylenol and she slept until 8:30 that next morning.
 
On Wednesday AM we headed to Dr. Snyder's office to have a look.  They were awesome.  It was definitely more traumatic for me than Maggie.  She opened her mouth . . .  pretty well.   She wasn't too happy when Dr. Scott tried to grind part of the tooth down, but once he gave her the prize crest she forgot she was mad at him. :) 
 
She is fine now.  I was slightly worried how she would react to bath time tonight, but she crawled right in like nothing had happened
 
Below is the best picture I can get.  Trying to get a 20 month old to sit still and smile for a picture is almost impossible
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment